Men’s hoops returns to the court Monday
UNC men’s basketball ends its hiatus against Warner Pacific on Monday
By Ryan Pfeifer, UNCBears.com
Game Notes Attached
GREELEY, Colo. – The Bears are back! Northern Colorado men’s basketball returns to the court Monday night to face Warner Pacific at 6:30 pm inside Bank of Colorado Arena. It will be UNC’s first game during February. The last time the Bears were on the court was January 29.
– UNC last played on January 29 before the program went on a pause and canceled games due to COVID protocols.
– Matt Johnson II enters the game with a three-game streak scoring 20-plus points and a seven-game streak of being the Bears’ leading scorer. He is averaging 20.3 points during that streak.
– Bodie Hume enters the game with a nine-game streak of scoring 10-plus points.
– The last time on the court, Kur Jockuch finished a point and rebound shy of a double-double with nine points and nine rebounds.
– Northern Colorado will play three games this week now starting with Monday’s game before hosting Portland State on Thursday and Saturday.
– The three-ball has started to fall for UNC. The Bears have made 55 three-pointers over the past four games.
– Monday’s game is the first game in almost a year for Warner Pacific. They last played on February 26, 2020.
– The game will count as an exhibition for WPU.
Scouting the Knights
Warner Pacific will be seeing the debut of head coach Jaymane Potts on Monday night.
The Knights return two of their five players who scored in double figures last year. That includes leading scorer Kadeem Strickland (15.0 ppg) along with Miles Brown (12.3)
Around the Big Sky
The final two weeks of the regular season are here. Eastern Washington leads the Big Sky by one and a half games over Southern Utah.
The Bears are in a group of six teams still battling it out for a bye in the Big Sky tournament in two weeks.
Director of Strategic Communication
O: 970-351-3645 | C: 720-290-8886
#Bears Strong | @Rpfeifer82