Nevada at Colorado State – Wednesday, January 29th (Rams win 92-91)
5 Key Game Notes from Tyler Norwood
- BUZZER BEATER: Obviously the biggest story from the night is Isaiah Stevens hitting the game winner to lift the Rams to victory. 5.2 seconds to go the length of the court and Stevens hits the mid range jumper to stun the Wolf Pack with
time expired. What a shot from a freshmen!
- Nico Carvacho plays a huge role: Nico had 12 points and 8 rebounds in the first and finished the game with 16 points and 15 rebounds as he ties the Mountain west record for career double doubles. Carvacho played a major role in the 1st half in keeping the Rams in it as they struggled to get Isaiah Stevens and David Roddy going. Carvacho’s veteran presence was a calming force all night.
- Freshmen not the main stars for once. The Wolf Pack had an amazing plan to stop the Freshmen sensations in David Roddy and Isaiah Stevens. Both players were not getting great looks but they were effective in other ways and made way for Adam Thistlewood who put the Rams in position to win the game.
- Adam Thistlewood is COLD BLOODED: Thistlewood had 2 points in the first half but ended the game with 24 points- a career best. My oh My did he come up with some crazy good shots. He is absolutely cold blooded from the three point line but even better from the free throw line, nailing 7-7 from the charity stripe.
- The Rams are annoying for teams. There are so many times when the Wolf Pack would try and put the Rams to bed but the Rams just wouldn’t go away as they crawled back from an 81 to 71 deficit late in the 2nd half. Every time Jalen Harris would try and hit the dagger to put the Rams away they would come back with a bigger dagger including the buzzer beating, game winning dagger from Isaiah Stevens. The Rams just never quit they always have a chance to come back in their minds and it messes with teams that are used to team folding after a big shot or a big lead.